Subject: Re: [Patch] Prevent cloning over http from spewing

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 03:39:11 -0700 (PDT)

[email-masked] writes:

> When cloning over http git spews a bunch of hashs that don't really convey much.
> The attached patch disables them unless --verbose is specified.
> 

Please follow guidelines stated in Documentation/SubmittingPatches:
 * it is preferred to have patch inline, rather than as attachement
 * put comments between "---" and the diffstat

Also please do the following:
 * use git-format-patch output rather than that of git-show to
   generate patch to send.

Also "Prevent cloning over http from spewing" is not, in my opinion,
good description; "Make cloning over http non-verbose by default"
would be better.

Finally a question: if we turn off verbose output, do we have any kind
of progress info fot git-clone over http?

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git