Subject: Re: History for Strbuf and ParseOpts?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 11:19:31 -0700 (PDT)

David Chanters <[email-masked]> writes:

> I shouldn't conflate to two (parseopts and strbuf) but can someone
> tell me how these two things came about -- that is, when/why/how?  If
> I understand strbuf correctly, it's a transparent and dynamic way of
> handling strings?  If so, how useful would it be as a separate
> project?

I don't have a pointers to exchange of emails that started the road to
strbuf and parseopt, but both are described in the techical
documentation (GIT API Documents):

  Documentation/techical/*
  http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/technical/api-index.html
  
  http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/technical/api-strbuf.html
  http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/technical/api-parse-options.html

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git