Subject: Re: [GSoC update] Splitting gitweb & developing write functionalities

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:33:37 -0700 (PDT)

Petr Baudis <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 02:43:57AM +0530, Pavan Kumar Sunkara wrote:

> > Yes but after a long thought, I decided that the name to be changed to
> > View because this module contains all the subroutines regarding the
> > gitweb viewing functions.
> 
> But then you will need to continue the discussion in the respective
> therad and present counter-arguments to our (my?) arguments, or you will
> get NAKs.
> 
> (It's not like this is a totally crucial issue, but I'm now rather
> annoyed as what's the point of discussing stuff if it can be all
> discarded at a whim?)

On the other hand gitweb output is not limited to HTML only: it
includes text/plain ("raw" blob aka 'blob_plain' for text files,
'patches' / 'patch', 'projects_index'), feed formats: OPML, RSS, Atom,
and binary output ("raw" blob for binary files like images,
'snapshot').

But I don't know if Gitweb::View includes subroutines related to all
those things.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git