Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] send-email: Add sendemail.smtpdomain

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 23:56:30 -0700 (PDT)

Brian Gernhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> --smtp-domain is an option that if you need once, you probably will
> need again.  To help with that, allow the user to set it in their
> .gitconfig
             via 'sendemail.smtpdomain' ?
> 
> Signed-off-by: Brian Gernhardt <[email-masked]>
> ---
> 
>  Seemed like a natural thing to add.  Was surprised it wasn't there when I went
>  poking around.
> 
>  Documentation/git-send-email.txt |    3 ++-
>  git-send-email.perl              |   20 ++++++++++----------
>  2 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

You should also add one-liner to Documentation/config.txt, mentioning
'sendemail.smtpdomain' configuration variable (the part referring reader
to git-send-email(1) documentation).

P.S. Some of git-send-email configuration variables: sendemail.identity,
sendemail.smtpencryption, sendemail.smtpssl (deprecated), and the concept
of sendemail.<identity>.* are described in Documentation/config.txt, 
which means that they are present in git-config(1) manpage.  Some of them
are described in "Configuration" section of Documentation/git-send-email.txt
(which means git-send-email(1) manpage): sendemail.aliasesfile, 
sendemail.aliasfiletype, sendemail.multiedit, sendemail.confirm; I think
those are config variables which do not have corresponding command line
option.  The rest: sendemail.bcc, sendemail.cc, sendemail.from, 
sendemail.to, sendemail.envelopesender, sendemail.smtpencryption (which
is described in git-config(1)), sendemail.smtppass, sendemail.smtpserver,
sendemail.smtpserverport, sendemail.smtpuser, sendemail.cccmd, 
sendemail.chainreplyto, sendemail.identity and 'sendemail.<identity>' 
subsection (described in git-config(1)), sendemail.signedoffbycc,
sendemail.suppresscc, sendemail.suppressfrom, sendemail.thread, and
sendemail.validate are described only with corresponding command-line
option.

Huh...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git