Subject: Re: Fwd: Git and Large Binaries: A Proposed Solution

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:40:09 -0800 (PST)

Scott Chacon <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry to come in a bit late to this, but in addition to git-annex, I
> wrote something called 'git-media' a long time ago that works in a
> similar manner to what you both are discussing.
> 
> Much like what peff was talking about, it uses the smudge and clean
> filters to automatically redirect content into a .git/media directory
> instead of into Git itself while keeping the SHA in Git.  One of the
> cool thing is that it can use S3, scp or a local directory to transfer
> the big files to and from.
> 
> Check it out if interested:
> 
> https://github.com/schacon/git-media

Could you please add short information about this project to the
https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools
page, in the "Backups, metadata, and large files" subsection?
git-annex is there...

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git