Subject: Re: git-rerere observations and feature suggestions

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> writes:

> We are running a rather complex Git tree with heavy use of git-rerere 
> (the -tip kernel tree, with more than 80 topic branches). git-rerere is 
> really nice in that it caches conflict resolutions, but there are a few 
> areas where it would be nice to have improvements:
[...]

>  - File deletion: would be nice if git-rerere picked up git-rm
>    resolutions. We hit this every now and then and right now i know 
>    which ones need an extra git-rm pass.

>>From what I remember some time ago on git mailing list there was idea
for git-rerere2, which would record resolutions on tree level,
i.e. record file renames.  It could probably record file deletion as
well... would someone implement it, and didn't it stay loose idea.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git