Subject: Re: [RFC] Idea for Git Bugtracking Tool

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:10:18 -0800 (PST)

Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thomas Harning <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Any ideas/flaws with this concept?  Anybody up for taking on this
>> project... or for taking this up as a GSOC project mentor?
> 
> Already discussed here:
> 
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/48981/
> 
> Pierre Habouzit started working on something called grit, which
> seems to be dead.

Pierre, what happened to git://git.madism.org/grit.git ?

There exists few implementations of distributed bug tracker idea. They
include:

 * Bugs Everywhere (http://bugseverywhere.org), written in Python,
   developed in Bazaar, has Git backend support. Formerly written by
   Panoramic Feedback (note that there is stale version of this tool),
   picked up by one of developers

 * DisTract (http://www.distract.wellquite.org), written in Haskell,
   uses Monotone as backend. Has good reviews on blogs, e.g. by
   Masukomi.

 * DITrack (http://www.ditrack.org), written in Python, currently
   uses Subversion as backend, has plans to be backend-agnostic.
   Inspired by Subissue.

Other links (mainly blogs):
 http://erlangish.blogspot.com/2007/05/distributed-bug-tracking.html
 http://erlangish.blogspot.com/2007/06/distributed-bug-tracking-again.html
 http://weblog.masukomi.org/2008/1/3/distributed-bug-tracking
 http://weblog.masukomi.org/2008/1/20/more-thoughts-on-the-future-of-distributed-bug-tracking
 http://www.geekfire.com/~alex/blog/entries/Ideas-for-a-distributed-bug-tracking-system/Ideas-for-a-distributed-bug-tracking-system.html

-- 
Jakub Narebski
ShadeHawk on #git
Poland