Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add grep.fullName config variable

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:16:50 +0100

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This configuration variable sets the default for the --full-name option.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>
> Would this change break Porcelains (e.g. Emacs modes) and force them
> to be updated to explicitly pass --no-full-name to unbreak them?

Yes, that would be required.  On the other hand, currently it is
impossible to cut-n-paste a file name without --full-name, since the
pager is always started in top-level.  Perhaps it is better to fix the
latter?

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."