Subject: Split a subversion repo into several git repos

From: "Eivind LM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:51:00 +0200

Hi,
I would like to convert a subversion repository to Git. The subversion  
repository used to track development of several projects (only slightly  
related), and I would like to divide the repository into several smaller  
git repositories.

For example, I want to convert one subversion repository which contains  
the folders:
trunk/projectA
trunk/projectB

into two git repositories:
projectA.git
projectB.git

As far as I have understood, the way to do this is to
1) Convert the entire subversion repository to git with git-svn.
2) Make two copies of the whole new git-repository (projectA.git and  
projectB.git).
3) Use git-rm to remove projectB from projectA.git, and projectA from  
projectB.git.

This works fine, but both git-repositories now carries the history for  
both projects. If possible, I would like to "clean" the history in the  
repositories, so that I don't see history information for projectA when I  
am browsing logs in projectB.git. Has anyone been in the same situation?  
Do you have suggestions on how it can be solved?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eivind