Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] tig-0.14

From: "Tilo Schwarz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:55:59 +0100

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 00:47:05 +0100, Jonas Fonseca  
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have thought about it. The question is if a separate view is
> necessary or if the main view would do. For example, I sometimes use
> gitk when I need to rename branches or prepare for rebasing a
> patchset. One idea I would like to explore is to provide a compressed
> version of the main view, where "intermediate" commits are hidden,
> this way you could easily get a view of the relationship between
> branches.

After seeing

./gitk --simplify-by-decoration --all

for the first time today I think now I know better what you mean.  
Nevertheless, compared to a separate branch-view, there are two points:
- How to I select a branch, if there is more than one branch on one commit  
(and thus on one line)
- Would it still be possible to create nice and fast one (or two) key  
commands for the most used every-day branch commands.

Best regards,

     Tilo