Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] tig-0.14

From: "Tilo Schwarz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:35:36 +0100

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 00:35:59 +0100, Jonas Fonseca  
<[email-masked]> wrote:

[...]
> OK, I have added the begining structure for a branch view, bound to
> 'H' by default. It does not support any actions besides refreshing and
> viewing the branch history. So there is still some work to achieve the
> easy access to branch commands.

That's really nice!

>> BTW, is the git list the right list to discuss bugs / patches for tig?
>
> Yes please.

Ok, here we go ;-).

I can trigger a SIGSEGV in da8b99da8f4dc5512c23154ec6c0aa7d3c313555
like this, using the tig repo itself:

- Start ./tig --all
- Enter the new branch view pressing 'H'
- Add a new branch foo using git checkout -b foo on some
   console or in tig using ':checkout -b foo'
- Press F5 in the branch view to reload
- Move cursor on the new branch foo
- Press ENTER

Then I get a SIGSEGV in line

6150                            if (ref->head)

(gdb) print *ref
Cannot access memory at address 0x2d676974

#0  0x08056427 in main_draw (view=0x8060500, line=0x9b61638, lineno=0) at  
tig.c:6150
#1  0x0804d19d in draw_view_line (view=0x8060500, lineno=0) at tig.c:2111
#2  0x0804d269 in redraw_view_from (view=0x8060500, lineno=0) at tig.c:2141
#3  0x0804d2bf in redraw_view (view=0x8060500) at tig.c:2152
#4  0x0804f70b in open_view (prev=0x8062fa8, request=REQ_VIEW_MAIN,  
flags=OPEN_SPLIT) at tig.c:3055
#5  0x08053241 in branch_request (view=0x8062fa8, request=REQ_ENTER,  
line=0x9b6b038) at tig.c:4783
#6  0x0804f9df in view_driver (view=0x8062fa8, request=REQ_ENTER) at  
tig.c:3142
#7  0x080594a3 in main (argc=Cannot access memory at address 0x3

I tried to track this down, but was not successful yet (having seen tig.c  
the first time today). I looked in get_refs and read_ref, but couldn't  
nail it down up to now. It feels, as if the refresh does find and update  
the new branch foo, but the corresponding commit->refs are not properly  
updated (just guessing).

Best regards & thank you for tig!

     Tilo