Subject: git-svn: t9155 fails against subversion 1.7.0

From: "Frans Klaver" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 23:09:30 +0100

For kicks I decided to run the tests and noticed that on master  
t9155-git-svn-fetch-deleted-tag fails against svn 1.7.0. We hit an  
assertion in subversion's dirent_uri.c, stating that we don't provide a  
canonical url. I haven't tested against other subversion versions. I dare  
assume that this issue doesn't arise on earlier versions. It probably  
won't affect a lot of users right now, but it will in the future.

Here's some verbose test output:
expecting success:
	git svn init --stdlayout "$svnrepo" git_project &&
	cd git_project &&
	git svn fetch &&

	git diff --exit-code mybranch:trunk/subdir/file tags/mytag:file &&
	git diff --exit-code master:subdir/file tags/mytag^:file

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/frans/devsw/git/t/trash  
directory.t9155-git-svn-fetch-deleted-tag/git_project/.git/
svn: E235000: In file 'subversion/libsvn_subr/dirent_uri.c' line 2291:  
assertion failed (svn_uri_is_canonical(url, pool))
error: git-svn died of signal 6
not ok - 2 fetch deleted tags from same revision with checksum error

I've been trying to debug and got down to:
Git::SVN::Ra::new(/home/frans/devsw/git/git-svn:5496):
5496:		my $self = SVN::Ra->new(url => escape_url($url), auth => $baton,
5497:		                      config => $config,
5498:				      pool => SVN::Pool->new,
5499:		                      auth_provider_callbacks => $callbacks);
...
SVN::Ra::new(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.4/i686-linux/SVN/Ra.pm:529):
529:	    $self->{session} = SVN::_Ra::svn_ra_open($self->{url}, $callback,  
$self->{config} || {}, $pool);
   DB<3> p $self->{url}
file:///home/frans/devsw/git/t/trash  
directory.t9155-git-svn-fetch-deleted-tag/svnrepo

The url looks like that throughout the stack (as far as I've seen), so if  
it is wrong, it is probably wrong at top-level. Hope someone with a bit  
more experience knows how to deal with this.

Thanks,
Frans