Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] Unify trailer formatting functions

From: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:36:26 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Not about the series, but about the way it was sent.
>
> The messages in this series have exactly the same kind of breakages
> in the recipient names/addresses we recently saw:
>
>     https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
>
> Human-readable names with a SP inside [square bracket] pair
> appended, and one of the addresses had that square bracket applied
> inside <angle bracket> pair and breaking MTAs (I manually fixed
> khaugsbakk's address before sending this response, so replying to
> this messages should be OK).

UGH, I'm so sorry about that.

> What are you and Aryan's pull.1675.v3 did differently from other
> series sent via GGG to trigger this, I have to wonder?

I realize now that it's because I copy/pasted the "Cc: ..." lines in the PR
description from
https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1632#issue-2068188239, such
that when I pasted those in for the PR description for this series at
https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1694#issue-2187804953, it
carried over the email addresses as Markdown-formatted hyperlinks.
Currently it reads

    Cc: Christian Couder [[email-masked]](mailto:[email-masked])
    Cc: Junio C Hamano [[email-masked]](mailto:[email-masked])
    Cc: Emily Shaffer [[email-masked]](mailto:[email-masked])
    cc: Josh Steadmon [[email-masked]](mailto:[email-masked])
    cc: Randall S. Becker [[email-masked]](mailto:[email-masked])
    cc: Christian Couder [[email-masked]](mailto:[email-masked])
    cc: "Kristoffer Haugsbakk" [[email-masked]](mailto:[email-masked])
    cc: "Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]>

when I click on "edit", where the last line must be from your manual fix
which GGG picked up. I've cleaned up the PR description manually now,
and for this message I'm also attempting to clean up those square
brackets.