Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 22/28] trailer: prepare to delete "parse_trailers_from_command_line_args()"

From: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 09:53:59 -0800

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 6:12 AM Linus Arver via GitGitGadget
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> From: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Expose more functions in the trailer.h API, in preparation for deleting
>>
>>     parse_trailers_from_command_line_args()
>>
>> from the trailers implementation, because it should not be concerned
>> with command line arguments (as they have nothing to do with trailers
>> themselves). Indeed, the interpret-trailers builtin is the only caller
>> of this function inside Git.
>>
>> Rename add_arg_item() to trailer_add_arg_item() to expose it as an API
>> function. Rename new_trailers_clear() to free_new_trailers() because it
>> will be promoted into an API function; the API already has
>> free_trailers(), so using the "free_*" naming style will keep it
>> consistent. Also rename "conf_info" to "trailer_conf" for readability,
>> dropping the low-value "_info" suffix as we did earlier in this series
>> for "trailer_info" to "trailer_block".
>
> That's a lot done in a single patch. I think splitting it into 3 or
> more patches would be nice for reviewers.

Thank you for pointing this out (and, for everyone else reading, please
don't hesitate to ask for this from me); will do in the next reroll.