Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 15/28] format_trailer_info(): avoid double-printing the separator

From: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 11:52:58 -0800

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 6:21 PM Linus Arver <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 6:12 AM Linus Arver via GitGitGadget
>> > <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> > Also I wonder why it was not possible to modify format_trailer_info()
>> > like it is done in this patch before using it to replace
>> > format_trailers().
>>
>> The artificial organization apparent in this patch was deliberate, in
>> order to make it painfully obvious exactly what was being replaced and
>> how. See https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
>
> As for the previous patch, I would have thought that it would be
> better not to break the tests.

I could just squash these patches together to avoid breaking tests (and
also avoid doing the flipping of expect_success to expect_fail and back
again). I don't mind at all which way we go, but now that we have these
patches broken out I wonder if it's better to just keep them that way.

Junio, do you mind if I squash the relevant changes together into just
one patch?  I'd like your input because you requested the current style
(modulo test breakages which was my error). Thanks.