Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/9] Trailer readability cleanups

From: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 22:40:08 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Linus Arver <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> I could revert and discard [4-6/6] of the previous iteration out of
>>> 'next' and have only the first three (which I thought have been
>>> adequately reviewed without remaining issues) graduate to 'master',
>>> if it makes it easier to fix this update on top, but I'd rather not
>>> to encourage people to form a habit of reverting changes out of
>>> 'next'.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> I totally agree that reverting changes out of next is undesirable. I
>> will do a reroll on top of 'next' with only those incremental (new)
>> patches.
>
> OK, so the first 3 patches are now in 'master', and the remainder of
> the previous series have been discarded.
>
> Thanks.

Oh, that simplifies things. I will re-roll on top of 'master' as the
starting point for the other remaining patches instead of using 'next'
as I suggested earlier.