Subject: [PATCH 0/2] [GSOC] cherry-pick: fix bug when used with GIT_CHERRY_PICK_HELP

From: "ZheNing Hu via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:27:42 +0000

This patch fixes the bug when git cherry-pick is used with environment
variable GIT_CHERRY_PICK_HELP, and makes git chery-pick advice message
better.

v2:
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

v2-->v3:

 1. Add hidden option --rebase-preserve-merges-mode to git cherry-pick.
 2. Split print_advice() into itself and
    check_need_delete_cherry_pick_head().
 3. Only allow git cherry-pick skip check_need_delete_cherry_pick_head().
 4. Use better git cherry-pick advice message.

ZheNing Hu (2):
  [GSOC] cherry-pick: fix bug when used with GIT_CHERRY_PICK_HELP
  [GSOC] cherry-pick: use better advice message

 builtin/revert.c                |  2 ++
 git-rebase--preserve-merges.sh  |  2 +-
 sequencer.c                     | 45 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 sequencer.h                     |  1 +
 t/t3507-cherry-pick-conflict.sh | 44 +++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 5 files changed, 64 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

base-commit: daab8a564f8bbac55f70f8bf86c070e001a9b006
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1007%2Fadlternative%2Fcherry-pick-help-fix-2-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1007/adlternative/cherry-pick-help-fix-2-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1007
-- 
gitgitgadget