Subject: [PATCH 00/18] Prepare tests for reftable backend

From: "Han-Wen Nienhuys via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 10:52:45 +0000

Rewrites some tests to avoid direct filesystem access.

Introduces the test prereq REFFILES to mark other tests that depend on
specifics of the files ref backend.

Han-Wen Nienhuys (18):
  t4202: split testcase for invalid HEAD symref and HEAD hash
  t9300: check ref existence using git-rev-parse rather than FS check
  t5601: read HEAD using rev-parse
  t1401-symbolic-ref: avoid direct filesystem access
  t1413: use tar to save and restore entire .git directory
  t1301: fix typo in error message
  t5000: inspect HEAD using git-rev-parse
  t7003: use rev-parse rather than FS inspection
  t5304: use "reflog expire --all" to clear the reflog
  test-lib: provide test prereq REFFILES
  t1407: require REFFILES for for_each_reflog test
  t1414: mark corruption test with REFFILES
  t2017: mark --orphan/logAllRefUpdates=false test as REFFILES
  t1404: mark tests that muck with .git directly as REFFILES.
  t7900: mark pack-refs tests as REFFILES
  t7003: check reflog existence only for REFFILES
  t4202: mark bogus head hash test with REFFILES
  t1415: set REFFILES for test specific to storage format

 t/t1301-shared-repo.sh        |  2 +-
 t/t1401-symbolic-ref.sh       | 23 +++++++++--------------
 t/t1404-update-ref-errors.sh  | 30 +++++++++++++++---------------
 t/t1407-worktree-ref-store.sh |  2 +-
 t/t1413-reflog-detach.sh      |  5 ++---
 t/t1414-reflog-walk.sh        |  2 +-
 t/t1415-worktree-refs.sh      |  2 +-
 t/t2017-checkout-orphan.sh    |  2 +-
 t/t4202-log.sh                |  9 ++++++---
 t/t5000-tar-tree.sh           |  7 ++++---
 t/t5304-prune.sh              |  9 +++------
 t/t5601-clone.sh              |  3 ++-
 t/t7003-filter-branch.sh      |  6 ++++--
 t/t7900-maintenance.sh        |  2 +-
 t/t9300-fast-import.sh        |  2 +-
 t/test-lib.sh                 |  2 ++
 16 files changed, 54 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)

base-commit: 54a391711554ed41b4b0792cfef004abc74893bd
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1008%2Fhanwen%2Freffiles-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1008/hanwen/reffiles-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1008
-- 
gitgitgadget