Subject: [PATCH 0/3] rebase --continue: remove .git/MERGE_MSG

From: "Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 09:31:54 +0000

If the user removes all the changes from the worktree without running git
reset then it rebase --continue leaves behind .git/MERGE_MSG which will then
seed the message of the next commit. While working on this I noticed a
couple of fixups for the test files I was adding to, I've cc'd Elijah in
case my reasoning for patch 2 is off. Thanks to Victor for the bug report.

Phillip Wood (3):
  t3403: fix commit authorship
  rebase --apply: restore some tests
  rebase --continue: remove .git/MERGE_MSG

 sequencer.c                |  3 +++
 t/t3403-rebase-skip.sh     | 13 +++++++++++--
 t/t3418-rebase-continue.sh | 14 ++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

base-commit: 2d755dfac9aadab25c3e025b849252b8c0a61465
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1013%2Fphillipwood%2Fwip%2Frebase-remove-merge-msg-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1013/phillipwood/wip/rebase-remove-merge-msg-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1013
-- 
gitgitgadget