Subject: [PATCH v5 0/2] Implement new zdiff3 conflict style

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 00:05:05 +0000

Implement a zealous diff3, or "zdiff3". This new mode is identical to
ordinary diff3 except that it allows compaction of common lines between the
two sides of history, if those common lines occur at the beginning or end of
a conflict hunk.

Change since v4:

 * None; just resending because v3 wasn't picked up.

Changes since v3:

 * More fixes from Phillip.
 * Marked Phillip as the author of the first commit because he's written
   most the code now; gave myself a co-authored-by trailer on that commit.
 * Removed the RFC label since it's now passing our tests.

Changes since v2:

 * Included more fixes from Phillip, and a new testcase

Changes since v1:

 * Included fixes from Phillip (thanks!)
 * Added some testcases

Elijah Newren (1):
  update documentation for new zdiff3 conflictStyle

Phillip Wood (1):
  xdiff: implement a zealous diff3, or "zdiff3"

 Documentation/config/merge.txt         |  9 ++-
 Documentation/git-checkout.txt         |  3 +-
 Documentation/git-merge-file.txt       |  3 +
 Documentation/git-merge.txt            | 32 +++++++--
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt           |  6 +-
 Documentation/git-restore.txt          |  3 +-
 Documentation/git-switch.txt           |  3 +-
 Documentation/technical/rerere.txt     | 10 +--
 builtin/checkout.c                     |  2 +-
 builtin/merge-file.c                   |  2 +
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |  6 +-
 t/t6427-diff3-conflict-markers.sh      | 90 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 xdiff-interface.c                      |  2 +
 xdiff/xdiff.h                          |  1 +
 xdiff/xmerge.c                         | 63 ++++++++++++++++--
 15 files changed, 205 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

base-commit: 4c719308ce59dc70e606f910f40801f2c6051b24
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1036%2Fnewren%2Fzdiff3-v5
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1036/newren/zdiff3-v5
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1036

Range-diff vs v4:

 1:  473fae82da1 = 1:  473fae82da1 xdiff: implement a zealous diff3, or "zdiff3"
 2:  69f20a702b4 = 2:  409ae2bbd85 update documentation for new zdiff3 conflictStyle

-- 
gitgitgadget