Subject: [PATCH v2 0/1] Make abspath() aware of case-insensitive filesystems

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 14:34:05 -0800 (PST)

It is completely legitimate these days to call git add with absolute paths.
Of course, on a case-insensitive file system, users rightfully expect the
argument to be handled case-insensitively, too. This patch makes it so.

Git for Windows carried this patch for over one and a half years already, I
think it is time to get it into git.git.

Change since v1:

 * Replaced MINGW prerequisite in the test by CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  abspath_part_inside_repo: respect core.fileMode

 setup.c        | 6 +++---
 t/t3700-add.sh | 7 +++++++
 2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: b21ebb671bb7dea8d342225f0d66c41f4e54d5ca
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-104%2Fdscho%2Fcase-insensitive-abspath-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-104/dscho/case-insensitive-abspath-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/104

Range-diff vs v1:

 1:  4fb5de504e = 1:  3eaec10c46 abspath_part_inside_repo: respect core.fileMode

-- 
gitgitgadget