Subject: [PATCH v3 0/1] Make abspath() aware of case-insensitive filesystems

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 14:56:03 -0800 (PST)

It is completely legitimate these days to call git add with absolute paths.
Of course, on a case-insensitive file system, users rightfully expect the
argument to be handled case-insensitively, too. This patch makes it so.

Git for Windows carried this patch for over one and a half years already, I
think it is time to get it into git.git.

Change since v2:

 * Replaced MINGW prerequisite in the test by CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS. v1 was
   sent out without a change by mistake. Sorry.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  abspath_part_inside_repo: respect core.fileMode

 setup.c        | 6 +++---
 t/t3700-add.sh | 7 +++++++
 2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: b21ebb671bb7dea8d342225f0d66c41f4e54d5ca
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tags/pr-104%2Fdscho%2Fcase-insensitive-abspath-v3
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-104/dscho/case-insensitive-abspath-v3
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/104

Range-diff vs v2:

 1:  3eaec10c46 ! 1:  b935e11d21 abspath_part_inside_repo: respect core.fileMode
     @@ -47,7 +47,7 @@
       	test $(git ls-files --stage | grep ^100755 | wc -l) -eq 0
       '
       
     -+test_expect_success MINGW 'path is case-insensitive' '
     ++test_expect_success CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS 'path is case-insensitive' '
      +	path="$(pwd)/BLUB" &&
      +	touch "$path" &&
      +	downcased="$(echo "$path" | tr A-Z a-z)" &&

-- 
gitgitgadget