Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Improve the documentation and warnings dealing with rename/copy limits

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 00:46:35 +0000

Fix a few small issues with documentation and warnings around the limits for
the quadratic portion of rename (&copy) detection.

I also sent out a separate RFC about how and whether to bump
{diff,merge}.renameLimit [1]. If there's a quick consensus there, I may add
a patch to this series that bumps the limits, but that could also just be
done separately afterward.

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/git/CABPp-BFzp3TCWiF1QAVSfywDLYrz=[email-masked]/T/#u

Elijah Newren (3):
  doc: clarify documentation for rename/copy limits
  doc: document the special handling of -l0
  diff: correct warning message when renameLimit exceeded

 Documentation/config/diff.txt  |  7 ++++---
 Documentation/config/merge.txt | 10 ++++++----
 Documentation/diff-options.txt | 14 +++++++++-----
 diff.c                         |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

base-commit: 670b81a890388c60b7032a4f5b879f2ece8c4558
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1044%2Fnewren%2Frename-limit-documentation-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1044/newren/rename-limit-documentation-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1044
-- 
gitgitgadget