Subject: [PATCH 0/3] xdiff: speedup histogram diff

From: "Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 11:20:22 +0000

Histogram is the only diff algorithm not to call xdl_classify_record().
Calling xdl_classify_record() means that it is not necessary to use
xdl_recmatch() when comparing lines, all that is necessary is to compare the
hash values. This gives a 7% reduction in the runtime of "git log --patch"
when using the histogram diff algorithm.

Phillip Wood (3):
  diff histogram: intern strings
  xdiff: avoid unnecessary memory allocations
  xdiff: simplify comparison

 xdiff/xdiffi.c     |  5 +----
 xdiff/xhistogram.c |  5 ++---
 xdiff/xprepare.c   | 35 +++++++++++++++--------------------
 3 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

base-commit: cd3e606211bb1cf8bc57f7d76bab98cc17a150bc
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1079%2Fphillipwood%2Fwip%2Fhistogram-speedup-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1079/phillipwood/wip/histogram-speedup-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1079
-- 
gitgitgadget