Subject: [PATCH 00/19] Adds reftable library code from https://github.com/hanwen/reftable.

From: "Han-Wen Nienhuys via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:57:36 +0000

The reftable format is described in Documentation/technical/reftable.txt.

This is a fully reentrant implementation of reading and writing the reftable
file format, and should be suitable for embedding in libgit2 too. It does
not hook the code up to git to function as a ref storage backend yet.

Han-Wen Nienhuys (19):
  hash.h: provide constants for the hash IDs
  reftable: RFC: add LICENSE
  reftable: add error related functionality
  reftable: utility functions
  reftable: add blocksource, an abstraction for random access reads
  reftable: (de)serialization for the polymorphic record type.
  Provide zlib's uncompress2 from compat/zlib-compat.c
  reftable: reading/writing blocks
  reftable: a generic binary tree implementation
  reftable: write reftable files
  reftable: generic interface to tables
  reftable: read reftable files
  reftable: reftable file level tests
  reftable: add a heap-based priority queue for reftable records
  reftable: add merged table view
  reftable: implement refname validation
  reftable: implement stack, a mutable database of reftable files.
  reftable: add dump utility
  Add "test-tool dump-reftable" command.

 Makefile                                   |   53 +-
 ci/lib.sh                                  |    1 +
 compat/.gitattributes                      |    1 +
 compat/zlib-uncompress2.c                  |   92 ++
 config.mak.uname                           |    1 +
 configure.ac                               |   13 +
 contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt        |   14 +-
 contrib/buildsystems/Generators/Vcxproj.pm |   11 +-
 hash.h                                     |    6 +
 object-file.c                              |    7 +-
 reftable/LICENSE                           |   31 +
 reftable/basics.c                          |  128 ++
 reftable/basics.h                          |   60 +
 reftable/basics_test.c                     |   98 ++
 reftable/block.c                           |  448 +++++++
 reftable/block.h                           |  127 ++
 reftable/block_test.c                      |  120 ++
 reftable/blocksource.c                     |  148 +++
 reftable/blocksource.h                     |   22 +
 reftable/constants.h                       |   21 +
 reftable/dump.c                            |  107 ++
 reftable/error.c                           |   41 +
 reftable/generic.c                         |  169 +++
 reftable/generic.h                         |   32 +
 reftable/iter.c                            |  194 +++
 reftable/iter.h                            |   69 +
 reftable/merged.c                          |  362 +++++
 reftable/merged.h                          |   35 +
 reftable/merged_test.c                     |  292 ++++
 reftable/pq.c                              |  115 ++
 reftable/pq.h                              |   32 +
 reftable/pq_test.c                         |   72 +
 reftable/publicbasics.c                    |   58 +
 reftable/reader.c                          |  801 +++++++++++
 reftable/reader.h                          |   66 +
 reftable/readwrite_test.c                  |  652 +++++++++
 reftable/record.c                          | 1212 +++++++++++++++++
 reftable/record.h                          |  139 ++
 reftable/record_test.c                     |  412 ++++++
 reftable/refname.c                         |  209 +++
 reftable/refname.h                         |   29 +
 reftable/refname_test.c                    |  102 ++
 reftable/reftable-blocksource.h            |   49 +
 reftable/reftable-error.h                  |   62 +
 reftable/reftable-generic.h                |   47 +
 reftable/reftable-iterator.h               |   39 +
 reftable/reftable-malloc.h                 |   18 +
 reftable/reftable-merged.h                 |   72 +
 reftable/reftable-reader.h                 |  101 ++
 reftable/reftable-record.h                 |  114 ++
 reftable/reftable-stack.h                  |  128 ++
 reftable/reftable-tests.h                  |   23 +
 reftable/reftable-writer.h                 |  148 +++
 reftable/reftable.c                        |  115 ++
 reftable/stack.c                           | 1396 ++++++++++++++++++++
 reftable/stack.h                           |   41 +
 reftable/stack_test.c                      |  949 +++++++++++++
 reftable/system.h                          |   24 +
 reftable/test_framework.c                  |   23 +
 reftable/test_framework.h                  |   53 +
 reftable/tree.c                            |   63 +
 reftable/tree.h                            |   34 +
 reftable/tree_test.c                       |   61 +
 reftable/writer.c                          |  690 ++++++++++
 reftable/writer.h                          |   50 +
 t/helper/test-reftable.c                   |   21 +
 t/helper/test-tool.c                       |    4 +-
 t/helper/test-tool.h                       |    2 +
 t/t0032-reftable-unittest.sh               |   15 +
 69 files changed, 10932 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 compat/.gitattributes
 create mode 100644 compat/zlib-uncompress2.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/LICENSE
 create mode 100644 reftable/basics.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/basics.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/basics_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/block.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/block.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/block_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/blocksource.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/blocksource.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/constants.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/dump.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/error.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/generic.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/generic.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/iter.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/iter.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/merged.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/merged.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/merged_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/pq.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/pq.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/pq_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/publicbasics.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/reader.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/reader.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/readwrite_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/record.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/record.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/record_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/refname.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/refname.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/refname_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-blocksource.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-error.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-generic.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-iterator.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-malloc.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-merged.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-reader.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-record.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-stack.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-tests.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable-writer.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/reftable.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/stack.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/stack.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/stack_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/system.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/test_framework.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/test_framework.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/tree.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/tree.h
 create mode 100644 reftable/tree_test.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/writer.c
 create mode 100644 reftable/writer.h
 create mode 100644 t/helper/test-reftable.c
 create mode 100755 t/t0032-reftable-unittest.sh

base-commit: c4203212e360b25a1c69467b5a8437d45a373cac
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1081%2Fhanwen%2Fjust-library-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1081/hanwen/just-library-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1081
-- 
gitgitgadget