Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Set GIT_TRACE2_EVENT_NESTING in test-lib.sh

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:47:44 +0000

As reported by Ævar [1] and diagnosed by Peff in a reply, the default
GIT_TRACE2_EVENT_NESTING is set so low that tests that look for trace2
events can start failing due to an added trace2 region. This can even be
subtle, including the fact that the progress API adds trace2 regions when in
use (which can depend on the verbose output of a test script).

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (2):
  test-lib.sh: set GIT_TRACE2_EVENT_NESTING
  t/t*: remove custom GIT_TRACE2_EVENT_NESTING

 t/t1092-sparse-checkout-compatibility.sh | 6 +++---
 t/t4216-log-bloom.sh                     | 2 --
 t/t5310-pack-bitmaps.sh                  | 2 +-
 t/t5705-session-id-in-capabilities.sh    | 2 --
 t/t7519-status-fsmonitor.sh              | 2 +-
 t/test-lib.sh                            | 7 +++++++
 6 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

base-commit: 35151cf0720460a897cde9b8039af364743240e7
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1085%2Fderrickstolee%2Ftrace2-depth-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1085/derrickstolee/trace2-depth-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1085
-- 
gitgitgadget