Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Two small 'git repack' fixes

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 16:28:44 +0000

I was experimenting with some ideas in 'git repack' and discovered these two
bugs.

The first is a "real" bug in that it repacks much more data than is
necessary when repacking with '--write-midx -b' and there exists a .keep
pack. The fix is simple, which is to change a condition that was added for
the '-b' case before '--write-midx' existed.

The second is a UX bug in that '--quiet' did not disable all progress, at
least when stderr was interactive.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (2):
  repack: respect kept objects with '--write-midx -b'
  repack: make '--quiet' disable progress

 builtin/repack.c  |  8 +++++---
 t/t7700-repack.sh | 15 +++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: 69a9c10c95e28df457e33b3c7400b16caf2e2962
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1098%2Fderrickstolee%2Frepack-fixes-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1098/derrickstolee/repack-fixes-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1098
-- 
gitgitgadget