Subject: [PATCH 0/2] sparse checkout: custom bash completion updates

From: "Lessley Dennington via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 00:32:29 +0000

This series updates custom tab completion for the sparse-checkout command.
Specifically, it corrects the following issues with the current method:

 1. git sparse-checkout <TAB> results in an incomplete list of subcommands
    (it is missing reapply and add).
 2. git sparse-checkout --<TAB> does not complete the help option.
 3. Options for subcommands are not tab-completable.
 4. git sparse-checkout set <TAB> and git sparse-checkout add <TAB> show
    both file names and directory names.

The first commit in this series is a set of failing tests that highlight
each of the above issues. The next commit updates the _git_sparse_checkout
method in git-completion.bash to enable each of these tests to pass.

Thanks, Lessley

Lessley Dennington (2):
  sparse-checkout: custom tab completion tests
  sparse-checkout: custom tab completion

 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash | 34 +++++++-----
 t/t9902-completion.sh                  | 74 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 96 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 2ae0a9cb8298185a94e5998086f380a355dd8907
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1108%2Fldennington%2Fsparse-checkout-bash-completion-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1108/ldennington/sparse-checkout-bash-completion-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1108
-- 
gitgitgadget