Subject: [PATCH 0/3] [Non-critical]: sparse index vs split index fixes

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 17:29:36 +0000

We noticed split/sparse index-related issues while rebasing Microsoft's fork
of Git. These fixes are necessary for that fork's test suite to pass, but
they might not be super critical to get into upstream v2.35.0 (especially
this close to -rc2). However, the team felt that the decision should be left
to the Git maintainer whether to take these patches into v2.35.0 or not.

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  sparse-index: sparse index is disallowed when split index is active
  t1091: disable split index
  split-index: it really is incompatible with the sparse index

 read-cache.c                       |  3 ++
 sparse-index.c                     |  2 +-
 split-index.c                      |  3 ++
 t/t1091-sparse-checkout-builtin.sh | 54 ++++++++++++++----------------
 4 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)

base-commit: af4e5f569bc89f356eb34a9373d7f82aca6faa8a
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1119%2Fdscho%2Fsparse-index-vs-split-index-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1119/dscho/sparse-index-vs-split-index-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1119
-- 
gitgitgadget