Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Factorize i18n

From: "Jean-Noël Avila via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 18:35:49 +0000

This is a small series of i18n factorizations. Again the idea is to:

 * reduce the number of strings to translate
 * make life easier for translators by removing constant parts of the
   strings to translate
 * uniformize the UI by using a type of message for the a given type of
   condition.

Jean-Noël Avila (4):
  i18n: factorize more 'incompatible options' messages
  i18n: factorize "invalid value" messages
  i18n: remove from i18n strings that do not hold translatable parts
  i18n: transfer variables into placeholders in command synopsis

 archive.c                                 |  2 +-
 builtin/am.c                              |  7 ++--
 builtin/bisect--helper.c                  |  6 ++--
 builtin/blame.c                           |  6 ++--
 builtin/commit.c                          | 39 ++++++++++++++---------
 builtin/count-objects.c                   |  2 +-
 builtin/difftool.c                        | 18 +++++++++--
 builtin/fast-export.c                     |  2 +-
 builtin/fetch.c                           |  4 +--
 builtin/grep.c                            |  4 +--
 builtin/hash-object.c                     |  2 +-
 builtin/help.c                            |  4 +--
 builtin/log.c                             | 20 ++++++++++--
 builtin/merge-base.c                      |  4 +--
 builtin/mktag.c                           |  2 +-
 builtin/mktree.c                          |  2 +-
 builtin/notes.c                           |  6 ++--
 builtin/pack-objects.c                    |  2 +-
 builtin/prune-packed.c                    |  2 +-
 builtin/pull.c                            |  6 ++--
 builtin/push.c                            |  2 +-
 builtin/rebase.c                          |  2 +-
 builtin/reflog.c                          |  6 ++--
 builtin/remote.c                          |  2 +-
 builtin/replace.c                         |  2 +-
 builtin/rev-list.c                        |  2 +-
 builtin/send-pack.c                       |  2 +-
 builtin/sparse-checkout.c                 |  8 ++---
 builtin/stripspace.c                      |  4 +--
 builtin/submodule--helper.c               |  2 +-
 builtin/update-server-info.c              |  2 +-
 diff-merges.c                             |  2 +-
 gpg-interface.c                           |  4 +--
 ls-refs.c                                 |  2 +-
 parallel-checkout.c                       |  3 +-
 sequencer.c                               |  2 +-
 setup.c                                   |  2 +-
 submodule-config.c                        |  2 +-
 t/t4150-am.sh                             |  2 +-
 t/t7500-commit-template-squash-signoff.sh |  2 +-
 40 files changed, 118 insertions(+), 77 deletions(-)

base-commit: 90d242d36e248acfae0033274b524bfa55a947fd
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1123%2Fjnavila%2Ffactorize_i18n-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1123/jnavila/factorize_i18n-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1123
-- 
gitgitgadget