Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix two --diff-filter bugs

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:29:17 +0000

A colleague noticed that git diff --diff-filter=Dr behaved in an unexpected
way. The expectation was that the command shows only deleted files, but not
renamed ones.

Turns out that Git's code is incorrect and turns on all diff-filter flags
because the argument contains a lower-case letter. But since it starts with
an upper-case letter, we should actually not turn all those flags on.

While working on the fix, I realized that the documentation of the
--diff-filter flag was not updated when intent-to-add files were no longer
shown as modified by git diff, but as added.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  docs(diff): lose incorrect claim about `diff-files --diff-filter=A`
  diff-filter: be more careful when looking for negative bits

 Documentation/diff-options.txt | 7 ++-----
 diff.c                         | 8 +++-----
 t/t4202-log.sh                 | 8 ++++++++
 3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

base-commit: 89bece5c8c96f0b962cfc89e63f82d603fd60bed
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1127%2Fdscho%2Fdiff-filter-buglets-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1127/dscho/diff-filter-buglets-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1127
-- 
gitgitgadget