Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Integrate Scalar into the CI builds

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 09:05:33 +0000

During the review of the initial Scalar patch series, it was suggested to
include Scalar in Git's CI builds. Due to some conflicts, this was postponed
to a later patch series: This patch series.

Note that the changes to the GitHub workflow are somewhat transient in
nature: Based on the feedback I received on the Git mailing list, I see some
appetite for turning Scalar into a full-fledged top-level command in Git,
similar to gitk. Therefore my current plan is to do exactly that in the end
(and I already have patches lined up to that end). This will essentially
revert the ci/run-build-and-tests.sh change in this patch series.

This patch series is based on js/scalar-diagnose.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  cmake: optionally build `scalar`, too
  ci: also run the `scalar` tests

 .github/workflows/main.yml          | 15 +++++++++++++++
 ci/run-build-and-tests.sh           |  2 ++
 ci/run-test-slice.sh                |  5 +++++
 contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt | 14 ++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 36 insertions(+)

base-commit: 15d8adccab9a3146b760b089df59ce3e7ca2b451
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1129%2Fdscho%2Fscalar-and-ci-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1129/dscho/scalar-and-ci-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1129
-- 
gitgitgadget