Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Update the die() preserve-merges messages to help some users

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:33:34 +0000

This small update to the die() preserve-merges messages is a response to the
reported edge case in the Git-for-Windows googlegroups thread
[https://groups.google.com/g/git-for-windows/c/3jMWbBlXXHM] where even git
rebase --continue would die.

It is most relevant for Windows because Visual Studio still offers the
option to run git pull --preserve, therefore Git for Windows already applied
these patches. The improvements are not specific to Windows, though, and
should therefore also get into core Git, albeit at a more leisurely pace.

This is a companion patch series to
https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/pull/3708

Philip Oakley (2):
  rebase: help user when dying with preserve-merges`
  rebase: `preserve` is also a pull option, tell dying users

 builtin/rebase.c | 9 +++++++--
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: e6ebfd0e8cbbd10878070c8a356b5ad1b3ca464e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1155%2Fdscho%2Fdie_preserve-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1155/dscho/die_preserve-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1155
-- 
gitgitgadget