Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Specify the actual pack size limit which is breached

From: "Matt Cooper via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 16:03:11 +0000

Git allows configuring a maximum pack size. GitHub (like presumably other
Git hosts) configures this setting to a generous but finite limit. When a
user attempts to push an oversized pack, their connection is terminated with
a message that they've exceeded the limit. The user has to find the limit
value elsewhere, probably in the host's documentation. This change adds a
small convenience -- specifying the limit itself in the error message -- so
that users no longer have to search elsewhere to discover the limit.

Matt Cooper (2):
  index-pack: clarify the breached limit
  t5302: confirm that large packs mention limit

 builtin/index-pack.c  | 8 ++++++--
 t/t5302-pack-index.sh | 8 ++++++++
 2 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: e6ebfd0e8cbbd10878070c8a356b5ad1b3ca464e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1158%2Fvtbassmatt%2Fmc%2Fhumanize-limit-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1158/vtbassmatt/mc/humanize-limit-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1158
-- 
gitgitgadget