Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Reduce explicit sleep calls in t7063 untracked cache tests

From: "Tao Klerks via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 09:40:34 +0000

As noted in a recent proposed patch to t/t7519-status-fsmonitor.sh, a number
of test cases in t\t7063-status-untracked-cache.sh explicitly sleep a
second, in order to avoid the untracked cache content being invalidated by
an mtime race condition.

Even though it's only 9 seconds of sleeping that can be straightforwardly
replaced, it seems worth fixing if possible.

Replace sleep calls with backdating of filesystem changes, but first fix the
test-tool chmtime functionality to work for directories in Windows.

I do have a question to the list here: Do mingw.c changes need to be
upstreamed somewhere? I don't understand the exact relationship between this
file and the MinGW project.

Tao Klerks (2):
  t/helper/test-chmtime: update mingw to support chmtime on directories
  t7063: mtime-mangling instead of delays in untracked cache testing

 compat/mingw.c                    | 33 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 t/t7063-status-untracked-cache.sh | 29 ++++++++++++++++-----------
 2 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

base-commit: 4c53a8c20f8984adb226293a3ffd7b88c3f4ac1a
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1166%2FTaoK%2Ftaok-untracked-cache-testing-remote-waits-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1166/TaoK/taok-untracked-cache-testing-remote-waits-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1166
-- 
gitgitgadget