Subject: [PATCH 00/16] Builtin FSMonitor Part 2.5

From: "Jeff Hostetler via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 21:14:47 +0000

I'm calling this series part 2.5. It should be inserted between parts 2 and
3. I'll send a new version of part 3 after I send part 2.5.

This series is a bunch of "fixup!" commits for part 2. It addresses feedback
on part 2 that wasn't received until after part 2 had graduated to "next".

I was originally planning to include them at the beginning of part 3, but
since there are so many, I thought it would be easier to add a fixup series
in the middle. (And since GGG has a limit of 30 commits, I couldn't add them
to either existing series without going over the limit.)

Most of the commits deal with translation markings for die/error messages
and fixing && chains in the tests. And there were a few readability
improvements.

Jeff Hostetler (16):
  t/test-lib: avoid using git on LHS of pipe
  update-index: convert advise() messages back to warning()
  compat/fsmonitor/fsm-listen-darwin: split out GCC-specific
    declarations
  t/helper/fsmonitor-client: cleanup call to parse_options()
  fsmonitor--daemon: refactor cookie handling for readability
  t/perf/p7519: use grep rather than egrep in test
  t/perf/p7519: cleanup coding style
  t7527: add parameters to start_daemon to handle args and subshell
  t7527: fix && chaining in matrix_try()
  t7527: delete unused verify_status() function
  fsmonitor-ipc: add _() to calls to die()
  compat/fsmonitor/fsm-listen-darwin: add _() to calls to error()
  compat/fsmonitor/fsm-listen-win32: add _() to calls to error()
  fsmonitor--daemon: add _() to calls to die()
  fsmonitor--daemon: add _() to calls to error()
  fsmonitor-settings: simplify initialization of settings data

 builtin/fsmonitor--daemon.c          |  63 ++++----
 builtin/update-index.c               |  12 +-
 compat/fsmonitor/fsm-darwin-gcc.h    |  92 +++++++++++
 compat/fsmonitor/fsm-listen-darwin.c |  95 +----------
 compat/fsmonitor/fsm-listen-win32.c  |   6 +-
 fsmonitor-ipc.c                      |   4 +-
 fsmonitor-settings.c                 |   3 +-
 t/helper/test-fsmonitor-client.c     |  17 +-
 t/perf/p7519-fsmonitor.sh            |  23 +--
 t/t7527-builtin-fsmonitor.sh         | 233 +++++++++++++--------------
 t/test-lib.sh                        |   3 +-
 11 files changed, 276 insertions(+), 275 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 compat/fsmonitor/fsm-darwin-gcc.h

base-commit: 1a9241e1fee9d418e436849853f031329e792192
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1174%2Fjeffhostetler%2Fbuiltin-fsmonitor-part2.5-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1174/jeffhostetler/builtin-fsmonitor-part2.5-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1174
-- 
gitgitgadget