Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix some old memory leaks in merge-ort and builtin/merge

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 07:47:13 +0000

This series fixes three memory leaks.

The first comes from a report at [1]. It's a leak in merge-ort that
pre-dates the remerge-diff topic (technically traceable back 15.5 years ago
across merge-recursive.c history) and is triggerable from a variety of
testcases. I think I may have overlooked it previously just because there's
other leaks in revision walking and this looks like one of those.

The next two leaks were ones in builtin/merge.c found while fixing the above
leak; they are fixed together in the second patch.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Elijah Newren (2):
  merge-ort: fix memory leak in merge_ort_internal()
  merge: fix memory leaks in cmd_merge()

 builtin/merge.c |  6 +++++-
 merge-ort.c     | 10 +++++-----
 2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

base-commit: af4e5f569bc89f356eb34a9373d7f82aca6faa8a
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1200%2Fnewren%2Fmerge-leaks-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1200/newren/merge-leaks-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1200
-- 
gitgitgadget