Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Fix incorrectly reported CPU in 32-bit Windows

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 02:46:05 -0800 (PST)

While in review, Git for Windows' original design was changed, to use the
output of uname -m instead of (necessarily incomplete) pre-processor magic
to determine which CPU to report.

Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Git for Windows are built in the 64-bit
Git for Windows SDK, however, whose uname -m always reports x86_64. Even for
32-bit Git for Windows.

Let's fix that by going back to the pre-processor magic, making it specific
to Git for Windows' SDK (where it actually is complete).

This is yet another patch I forgot to upstream, and I hope that it will make
it into v2.21.0-rc1.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  mingw: fix CPU reporting in `git version --build-options`

 compat/mingw.h | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 19 insertions(+)

base-commit: d62dad7a7dca3f6a65162bf0e52cdf6927958e78
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-121%2Fdscho%2Fmingw-build-options-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-121/dscho/mingw-build-options-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/121
-- 
gitgitgadget