Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Updates to the safe.directory config option

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 15:32:28 +0000

Here is a very fast response to the security release yesterday.

The second patch here is an adaptation from a contributor who created a pull
request against git/git [1]. I augmented the patch with a test (the test
infrastructure is added in patch 1).

The third patch is a change to the safe.directory config option to include a
possible "*" value to completely opt-out of the check. This will be
particularly helpful for cases where users run Git commands within a
container. This container workflow always runs as a different user than the
host, but also the container does not have access to the host's system or
global config files. It's also helpful for users who don't want to set the
config for a large number of shared repositories [2].

Thanks, -Stolee

[1] https://github.com/git/git/pull/1235 [2]
https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/3787 [3]
https://github.com/desktop/desktop/issues/14336

Derrick Stolee (2):
  t0033: add tests for safe.directory
  setup: opt-out of check with safe.directory=*

Matheus Valadares (1):
  setup: fix safe.directory key not being checked

 Documentation/config/safe.txt |  7 +++++
 setup.c                       | 12 ++++++---
 t/t0033-safe-directory.sh     | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 65 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t0033-safe-directory.sh

base-commit: 11cfe552610386954886543f5de87dcc49ad5735
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1215%2Fderrickstolee%2Fsafe-directories-star-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1215/derrickstolee/safe-directories-star-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1215
-- 
gitgitgadget