Subject: [PATCH 0/3] libify reflog

From: "John Cai via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 18:40:44 +0000

In [1], there was a discussion around a bug report of stash not recovering
in the middle of the process. It turned out to not be a bug we need to fix.
However, out of that discussion came the idea of libifying reflog. This can
stand alone as a code improvement.

stash.c currently shells out to call reflog to delete reflogs. Libify reflog
delete and call it from both builtin/reflog.c and builtin/stash.c.

This patch has three parts:

 * libify reflog's delete functionality and move some of the helpers into a
   reflog.c library and export them
 * call reflog_delete from builtin/reflog.c
 * call reflog_delete from builtin/stash.c

 1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

John Cai (3):
  reflog: libify delete reflog function and helpers
  reflog: call reflog_delete from reflog.c
  stash: call reflog_delete from reflog.c

 Makefile         |   1 +
 builtin/reflog.c | 451 +----------------------------------------------
 builtin/stash.c  |  16 +-
 reflog.c         | 432 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 reflog.h         |  49 +++++
 5 files changed, 490 insertions(+), 459 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 reflog.c
 create mode 100644 reflog.h

base-commit: b80121027d1247a0754b3cc46897fee75c050b44
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1218%2Fjohn-cai%2Fjc-libify-reflog-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1218/john-cai/jc-libify-reflog-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1218
-- 
gitgitgadget