Subject: [PATCH 0/2] diff- family --stat width

From: "Thomas Koutcher via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 20:15:57 +0000

diff- family commands do not use the full terminal width. This is visible in
Tig which uses git diff-files to show diffs for unstaged changes. When
trying to display diffs with long filenames, the diffstat does not improve
when the Tig window size is increased.

This patch makes diff-files, diff-index and diff-tree --stat behave like
diff --stat and use the full terminal width. The handling of the config
option diff.statGraphWidth is also added.

Thomas Koutcher (2):
  diff- family --stat: use the full terminal width
  diff- family --stat: honour config option to limit graph width

 builtin/diff-files.c | 2 ++
 builtin/diff-index.c | 2 ++
 builtin/diff-tree.c  | 2 ++
 diff.c               | 9 +++++----
 4 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6cd33dceed60949e2dbc32e3f0f5e67c4c882e1e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1256%2Fkoutcher%2Fdiff-family-stat-width-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1256/koutcher/diff-family-stat-width-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1256
-- 
gitgitgadget