Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Reactions to v2.37.0-rc0 test coverage report

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 21:27:46 +0000

These patches add test coverage or simplify code based on discoveries in the
test coverage report (specifically, some that I highlighted at [1]).

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

 1. Add tests for 'git update-index --verbose'.
 2. Add 'git gc --cruft' without '--prune=now' to test.
 3. Drop an always-NULL parameter from an internal method.
 4. Revert 080ab56a4 (cache-tree: implement cache_tree_find_path(),
    2022-05-23).

Any subset of these could be taken (or dropped), but I thought they would be
worth considering.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (4):
  t2107: test 'git update-index --verbose'
  t5329: test 'git gc --cruft' without '--prune=now'
  pack-write: drop always-NULL parameter
  cache-tree: remove cache_tree_find_path()

 cache-tree.c                             | 27 ---------------------
 cache-tree.h                             |  2 --
 pack-write.c                             | 17 +++++--------
 t/t2106-update-index-assume-unchanged.sh |  2 +-
 t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh            | 31 +++++++++++++++++++-----
 t/t5329-pack-objects-cruft.sh            |  4 ++-
 6 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

base-commit: 8168d5e9c23ed44ae3d604f392320d66556453c9
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1261%2Fderrickstolee%2Ftest-coverage-response-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1261/derrickstolee/test-coverage-response-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1261
-- 
gitgitgadget