Subject: [PATCH 0/3] xdiff: introduce memory allocation macros

From: "Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:25:31 +0000

This patch series introduces macros for allocating and growing arrays in
xdiff. The macros are similar to ALLOC_ARRAY()/ALLOC_GROW() from the rest of
the code base but return an error on failure to allow libgit2 to handle
memory allocation failures gracefully rather than dying. The macros
introduce overflow checks but these checks are currently redundant as we
limit the maximum file size passed to xdiff and these checks alone are
insufficient to safely remove the size limit. The aim of this series is to
make the xdiff code more readable, there should be no change in behavior (as
such I'm open to the argument that these are just churn and should be
dropped).

Phillip Wood (3):
  xdiff: introduce XDL_ALLOC_ARRAY()
  xdiff: introduce XDL_CALLOC_ARRAY()
  xdiff: introduce XDL_ALLOC_GROW()

 xdiff/xdiffi.c     |  2 +-
 xdiff/xhistogram.c | 19 ++++++-------------
 xdiff/xmacros.h    | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++
 xdiff/xpatience.c  |  9 +++------
 xdiff/xprepare.c   | 41 ++++++++++++-----------------------------
 xdiff/xutils.c     | 17 +++++++++++++++++
 xdiff/xutils.h     |  3 ++-
 7 files changed, 62 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

base-commit: e4a4b31577c7419497ac30cebe30d755b97752c5
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1272%2Fphillipwood%2Fwip%2Fxdiff-memory-allocation-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1272/phillipwood/wip/xdiff-memory-allocation-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1272
-- 
gitgitgadget