Subject: [PATCH] t6429: fix use of non-existent function

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 05:19:59 +0000

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>

This test had a line reading

    ! test_file_is_empty actual

which was meant to be

    ! test_must_be_empty actual

The test worked despite the error, because even though
test_file_is_empty is a non-existent function, the '!' negated the
return value and made it pass.  It'd be better to avoid the negation,
so something like

    test_file_not_empty actual

would be better, but perhaps it makes even more sense to specify the
number of lines of expected output to make the test a bit tighter.

Reported-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
---
    t6429: fix use of non-existent function
    
    This test had a line reading
    
    ! test_file_is_empty actual

    which was meant to be
    
    ! test_must_be_empty actual

    The test worked despite the error, because even though
    test_file_is_empty is a non-existent function, the '!' negated the
    return value and made it pass. It'd be better to avoid the negation, so
    something like
    
    test_file_not_empty actual

    would be better, but perhaps it makes even more sense to specify the
    number of lines of expected output to make the test a bit tighter.
    
    Reported-by: SZEDER Gábor [email-masked] Signed-off-by: Elijah
    Newren [email-masked]

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1276%2Fnewren%2Fmerge-ort-restart-optim-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1276/newren/merge-ort-restart-optim-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1276

 t/t6429-merge-sequence-rename-caching.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t6429-merge-sequence-rename-caching.sh b/t/t6429-merge-sequence-rename-caching.sh
index f2bc8a7d2a2..e1ce9199164 100755
--- a/t/t6429-merge-sequence-rename-caching.sh
+++ b/t/t6429-merge-sequence-rename-caching.sh
@@ -760,7 +760,7 @@ test_expect_success 'avoid assuming we detected renames' '
 		test_must_fail git -c merge.renameLimit=1 rebase upstream &&
 
 		git ls-files -u >actual &&
-		! test_file_is_empty actual
+		test_line_count = 2 actual
 	)
 '

base-commit: e54793a95afeea1e10de1e5ad7eab914e7416250
-- 
gitgitgadget