Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Add some Glossary terms, and extra renormalize information.

From: "Philip Oakley via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 16:56:17 +0000

This short series looks to add the basics of the reachability bitmap and
commit graph phrases to the glossary of terms. While these techniques are
well known to their developers, for some, they are just magic phrases.

The first patch [1/4] is to show OBD as an abbreviation to avoid a UNA [0]

Patch [2/4] provides a basic statement for the Commit-Graph's purpose.

Patch [3/4] provides a similar statement for the reachability bitmaps.

These two patches maybe misses out on some linking information as to the
benefits these have and the basics of their heuristic.

Patch [4/4] follows up on a bug report about the lack of idempotence for the
`--renormalise' command. See commit message for details.

[0] UNA Un-Named Abbreviation.

Signed-off-by: Philip Oakley [email-masked]

Philip Oakley (4):
  glossary: add Object DataBase (ODB) abbreviation
  glossary: add commit graph description
  glossary: add reachability bitmap description
  doc add: renormalize is not idempotent for CRCRLF

 Documentation/git-add.txt          |  3 ++-
 Documentation/glossary-content.txt | 15 ++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 16 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 30cc8d0f147546d4dd77bf497f4dec51e7265bd8
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1282%2FPhilipOakley%2FGlossary_terms-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1282/PhilipOakley/Glossary_terms-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1282
-- 
gitgitgadget