Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Some improvements to safe.directory on Windows

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 08:17:14 +0000

Due to the semantics being substantially different from Unix, the
safe.directory feature presents its own set of problems on Windows. One
particular issue would have prevented it from working in GitHub Actions'
build agents, which we definitely rely on in the Git project itself. This
was addressed via the first two patches, which had made it already into Git
for Windows v2.35.2, and they are ready to be applied to core Git, too.

The third patch came in later, and was released as part of Git for Windows
v2.37.0, so I also have confidence that it is stable and ready to be
integrated into core Git, too.

Johannes Schindelin (3):
  Allow debugging unsafe directories' ownership
  mingw: handle a file owned by the Administrators group correctly
  mingw: be more informative when ownership check fails on FAT32

 Documentation/config/safe.txt |  6 ++++
 compat/mingw.c                | 53 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 setup.c                       | 14 +++++++--
 3 files changed, 71 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3b0bf2704980b1ed6018622bdf5377ec22289688
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1286%2Fdscho%2Fsafe.directory-and-windows-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1286/dscho/safe.directory-and-windows-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1286
-- 
gitgitgadget