Subject: [PATCH] hooks--pre-commit: detect non-ASCII when renaming

From: "Julian Prein via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:17:53 +0000

From: Julian Prein <[email-masked]>

Currently the diff-filter that is used to check for non-ASCII characters
in filenames only checks new additions.

Extend the diff-filter in the pre-commit sample to include `CR` as well.
This way non-ASCII character in filenames are detected on a rename/copy
as well.

Signed-off-by: Julian Prein <[email-masked]>
---
    hooks--pre-commit: detect non-ASCII when renaming

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1291%2Fdruckdev%2Fpre-commit-renames-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1291/druckdev/pre-commit-renames-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1291

 templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample b/templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample
index e144712c85c..95c327832da 100755
--- a/templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample
+++ b/templates/hooks--pre-commit.sample
@@ -28,7 +28,7 @@ if [ "$allownonascii" != "true" ] &&
 	# Note that the use of brackets around a tr range is ok here, (it's
 	# even required, for portability to Solaris 10's /usr/bin/tr), since
 	# the square bracket bytes happen to fall in the designated range.
-	test $(git diff --cached --name-only --diff-filter=A -z $against |
+	test $(git diff --cached --name-only --diff-filter=ACR -z $against |
 	  LC_ALL=C tr -d '[ -~]\0' | wc -c) != 0
 then
 	cat <<\EOF

base-commit: bbea4dcf42b28eb7ce64a6306cdde875ae5d09ca
-- 
gitgitgadget