Subject: [PATCH 0/2] ci: fix the FreeBSD build

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:28:42 +0000

Since 3a251bac0d1a (trace2: only include "fsync" events if we git_fsync(),
2022-07-18), the FreeBSD builds are failing in t5351.6. See
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4577761405698048 for an example. The run at
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6004115347079168 shows that this patch fixes the
bug.

While verifying the fix on Windows, I noticed a recent, rather terrible
performance regression: t5351 all of a sudden takes almost half an hour
[https://github.com/git/git/runs/7398490747?check_suite_focus=true#step:5:171]
to run on Windows. I found a fix, and it now passes in less than half a
minute
[https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/runs/7578071365?check_suite_focus=true#step:5:125]
again.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  t5351: avoid relying on `core.fsyncMethod = batch` to be supported
  t5351: avoid using `test_cmp` for binary data

 bulk-checkin.c                  |  2 ++
 t/t5351-unpack-large-objects.sh | 12 +++++++++---
 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: 23b219f8e3f2adfb0441e135f0a880e6124f766c
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1308%2Fdscho%2Ffix-t5351-on-freebsd-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1308/dscho/fix-t5351-on-freebsd-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1308
-- 
gitgitgadget