Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Some fixes and an improvement for using CTest on Windows

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 15:02:25 +0000

As part of the CMake definition, Git enjoy support for running the test
suite via CTest.

In https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/3966, it has been reported
that this does not work out of the box, though, but causes a couple of test
failures instead. These problems are not caught by Git's CI runs because the
vs-tests jobs actually use prove to run the test suite, not CTest.

In addition to fixing these problems, this patch series also addresses a
long-standing gripe I have with the way Git's CMake definition supports
CTest: It edits t/test-lib.sh, which leaves this file eternally modified
(but these modification should never be committed, they refer to a
local-only, configuration-dependent directory).

Johannes Schindelin (5):
  cmake: align CTest definition with Git's CI runs
  cmake: copy the merge tools for testing
  tests: explicitly skip `chmod` calls on Windows
  add -p: avoid ambiguous signed/unsigned comparison
  cmake: avoid editing t/test-lib.sh

 .gitignore                          |  1 +
 Makefile                            |  1 +
 add-patch.c                         |  2 +-
 contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt | 12 ++++--------
 t/test-lib-functions.sh             | 10 ++++++++--
 t/test-lib.sh                       | 11 ++++++++++-
 6 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: bbea4dcf42b28eb7ce64a6306cdde875ae5d09ca
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1320%2Fdscho%2Fctest-on-windows-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1320/dscho/ctest-on-windows-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1320
-- 
gitgitgadget