Subject: [PATCH 0/3] fix failing t4301 test and &&-chain breakage

From: "Eric Sunshine via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 05:17:56 +0000

This series fixes a failing test in t4301 due to 'sed' behavioral
differences between implementations. It also fixes a couple broken &&-chains
and adds missing explicit loop termination.

The third patch is entirely subjective and can be dropped if unwanted. I
spent more than a few minutes puzzling over the script's use of 'printf
"\\n"' rather than the more typical 'printf "\n"' or even a simple 'echo',
wondering if there was some subtlety I was missing or whether Elijah had
encountered an unusual situation in which '\\n' was needed over '\n'. The
third patch chooses to replace 'printf "\\n"' with 'echo' which I find more
idiomatic, but I can see value in using 'printf "\n"' as perhaps being
clearer that it is adding a newline where one is missing.

The series is built atop 'en/t4301-more-merge-tree-tests' which is already
in 'next'.

Eric Sunshine (3):
  t4301: account for behavior differences between sed implementations
  t4031: fix broken &&-chains and add missing loop termination
  t4301: emit blank line in more idiomatic fashion

 t/t4301-merge-tree-write-tree.sh | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3c4dbf556f425d83f3fbb729dcbecdc719ee4099
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1339%2Fsunshineco%2Fanonhash-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1339/sunshineco/anonhash-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1339
-- 
gitgitgadget